Ultimate Fire Starter
Striker rod and bellows for igniting even stubborn fuel
The Vargo Ultimate Fire Starter provides everything you need to start a roaring fire except the fuel. Simply unscrew the ferrocerium rod from the bellows and use the integrated scraper to ignite any tinder. Then, extend the bellows and gently blow to nurture that spark into a flame. Or use it any time to help increase the heat of your fire. Great for getting stubborn or wet fuel to burn, too!
Length extended: 18.2 inches (464 mm)
Length collapsed: 5.9 inches (152 mm)
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Sturdy stainless steel construction for rugged use
• Extendable bellows keep you safely from the fire while pinpointing airflow for faster results
• Integrated ferrocerium rod is good for 1000s of strikes and produces 5,000°F (2,760°C) sparks to ignite most tinder
• Attached ferrocerium striker helps direct sparks onto tinder
• Convenient carrying clip for easy access wherever you store it
To use, simply unscrew the ferrocerium rod from the bellows and use the attached striker to create 5,000°F sparks to light your tinder. Then, extend the bellows, aim it at the base of the fire, and blow smoothly to add more oxygen and exponentially increase the fire's heat. Increasing the heat allows you to get a fire growing faster, even with wet or stubborn fuel. Or use it at anytime to get forge level heat from your fire. Now wet wood is no longer an excuse or obstacle to having a hot blaze at your campsite.