The benefits of a magnesium fire starter and the traditional flint and steel
The Survive Outdoors Longer Mag Striker is the all-in-one fire starter that includes the essentials needed for starting a fire: a steel striker, flint rod, and magnesium. The tool is designed with the flint and magnesium rods embedded into the robust handle, meaning your grip will not disappear as you shave off the magnesium, unlike with a traditional magnesium fire starter. The curved edge on the steel scraper is engineered to make scraping a pile of magnesium easier. The straight edge struck against the flint rod acts as your flint and steel, creating a shower of sparks to ignite the magnesium and light your kindling. The Mag Striker makes starting a fire easier, even with cold fingers or in survival situations. A bottle opener is included on the steel striker, so you can relax with a cold beverage once your fire is burning steadily.
WARNING for California customers: Combustible Materials
The combustion of wood, charcoal, and other fuels can expose you to chemicals including carbon monoxide and soot, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Adventure Medical Kits
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• ALL IN ONE FIRE STARTER: Carry the benefits of a magnesium fire starter and the traditional flint and steel with you all in one portable survival tool.
• LONG-LASTING FLINT: Take the Mag Striker on many adventures, as the ferrocerium rod (flint) creates enough sparks to start over 100 fires.
• ROBUST HANDLE: Hold onto the large grip to start a fire easily, even with cold fingers.
• BURNS HOT & FAST: Easily ignite any tinder for your fire with magnesium flakes that burn at up to 5400°F.
• BOTTLE OPENER: Open a cold beverage at the end of your adventure - no additional tool necessary.