Compact inflatable waist-worn PFD with pressurized CO2 canister
Worn around a paddler's waist, the NRS Zephyr Inflatable PFD is the perfect alternative to traditional life jackets for flatwater or near-shore stand-up paddling. The Zephyr is stored in a compact, adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack that stays out of your way for SUP, surfing or wading. In the event of a swim, simply rotate the belt until the chamber faces forward, pull the red tab to inflate with pressurized CO2 and secure the inflated PFD over your head.
Please note, this item must be shipped Ground and is not eligible for free shipping.
Belt fits waist 27"-50" (69-127 cm) in circumference
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• This lightweight self-inflating PFD provides 27.8 lbs. of flotation and only meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements as a Type III lifejacket when worn. (See Note below.)
• The Zephyr is stored in a compact, adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack that stays out of your way for SUP, surfing or wading.
• In the event of a swim, simply rotate the belt until the chamber faces forward, pull the red tab to inflate with pressurized CO2 and secure the inflated PFD over your head.
• Adjustment straps on the inflated PFD allow for a customized fit.
• Waist belt features a zippered stretch pocket with internal tether for keys or a whistle.
• Also features a manual back-up valve, reflective accents and two D-ring attachment points.
• A 24 gram CO2 cartridge comes with the Zephyr. It will simply need to be screwed in to initially arm the PFD. Replacement CO2 Re-Arming Kits are sold separately.
• CO2 cartridges are one-time-use only. It's good practice to keep an extra CO2 cartridge on hand to re-arm the PFD after each inflation.
Note: An inflatable PFD is certified by the US Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you must have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device.
• US Coast Guard Type: Type V, meets Coast Guard requirement for a Type III PFD when it is worn.
• Design Flotation: 27.8 lbs.
• Entry System: Adjustable waist belt with side-release buckle
-- 1 - Front
-- 24 gm CO2 cartridge
-- Re-packing instructions
-- Zippered pocket with internal tether
-- Manual back-up valve
-- Reflective Accents
-- D-ring attachment