Prism Ice Screw Case
Attaches to Prism Pack to protect your screws
Like a vault for life-saving protection, the Prism Ice Screw Case keeps your precious metals organized and safely enclosed in one place. Ten internal screw sleeves (with space in-between for more) keep threads and teeth sharp, separated, and free from rattling around. Large carry handles allow easy access with gloves, an external zippered pocket offers more space for screw-related tools, and drainage holes help keep the contents drier. Designed to rest perfectly at the bottom of a climbing pack, this space-saving accessory is far more than a luxury item.
Please note, Hyperlite is phasing out the grommets on the weep holes of their pack accessories. This product may ship with or without grommets. For more info, see the Tech Specs & Features section.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear
0.34 lbs | 5.4 oz | 152 g
12" (L) x 6" (W) x 2.5" (H) | 30.5 x 15.2 x 6.4 cm
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Clamshell design with two-way zipper opens easily and lays flat for optimal visibility and loading/unloading of your winter rack
• Screw sleeves hold 10 ice screws in a range of sizes, with extra internal space for other gear like carabiners and slings
• External zippered pocket offers secure storage for other items you want to keep close at hand
• Hang loop provides a clip-in point for easy access in the midst of a long route
• Drainage holes let moisture out to prevent oxidation
• Designed to work seamlessly with the Prism Alpine Climbing Pack, it also fits comfortably into climbing packs from other manufacturers
• Works in conjunction with the Prism Pack and Prism Crampon Bag (each sold separately) for a complete Alpine Climbing System
-- DCH150 (White)
-- YKK #5 Zipper
-- 1/8 inch closed-cell rigid foam
After a number of internal studies, Hyperlite has decided to remove the metal grommets from the weep holes of their pack accessories. This product may ship with or without grommets as they are phased out from Hyperlite's inventory.
The grommets were not an essential feature to the weep holes of the ice screw case. Hyperlite has determined there is no physical function of these grommets and they have been merely for aesthetic purposes. Their design and production team has developed a consistent method of precision drilling the holes in the fabric. The heat generated from the friction from this process will seal the edges of the weep holes and eliminate the chance of the fabric fraying. This will now make the holes just as strong as when constructed with grommets.