NFPA Large Steel Locking Carabiner
NFPA certified industry-standard steel carabiner; large and strong
This is one of SMC’s best-selling steel carabiners. The Large Steel Locking D was developed especially for the needs of the fire and rescue communities with a large gate opening that easily fits over litter rails. The NFPA21001 & NFPA21007 are the models that are stamped with the requisite UL Certification.
The components used in this carabiner are meticulously hand-finished prior to final assembly resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. The sleeve locks on the gate rather than the body of the carabiner, eliminating problems of the knob binding on the frame after the carabiner has been loaded. Utilizes stainless steel gates and locking sleeves for smooth action, greater strength, and optimal reliability. Additionally, each carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving the factory.
If you want a carabiner that performs just as well after 1,000 jobs as it did the first time you used it then you need to buy this one. Available in Bright or Black zinc plated finish for use in tactical or theatrical applications.
Solid Gate - Straight
5.04 x 2.97
Gate opening: 1.20
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
11,590 lbs (51.5kN) Average Breaking Strength
Material: Steel Alloy
Finish: Zinc Plated
• UL certified to meet NFPA1983 "Gin. General Use.
• Unique "hybridin. design utilizes stainless steel for gates and other internal parts insuring silky smooth and trouble free performance for the life of the carabiner.
• Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
• Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
• Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate not the frame thus prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
• Made in the USA.