The Rock Exotica HYDRA is a triple attachment pulley which features a swivel-top connection to facilitate the pulley's use on the saddle bridge, and for use in climbing systems.
Any tool for arborists needs to be lightweight, durable and serve a variety of functions. The HYDRA fits that description by providing the functionality of a pulley with a rigplate. The HYDRA’s swivel top offers three connection points lined with rubber o-rings to grip carabiners tightly. These connection points were specifically designed for the rockO carabiner to avoid dangerous cross-loading.
The most simple use of the HYDRA pulley is on the rope bridge of the saddle, but it can be used in a variety of advanced ways. The Hydra is used in ascent systems, lanyard systems, fliplines, or as a redirect. In any configuration, the use of the HYDRA is greatly enhanced by the flexibility to add multiple connections and rotate when needed.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to: www.p65warnings.ca.gov
MBS: 2 x 14 kN=28 kN WLL: 2 x 2.5 kN=5 kN
Fits Rope Size & Type:
13 mm max
20 oz (575 gm)
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
Sheave Dia: 2.1 in (53 mm)
• Combines a pulley, rigging plate and swivel all in one compact piece of equipment
• Use on the saddle bridge, as a lanyard adjuster or in your climbing system
• Eliminates twisting of the climbing line when used as a rolling attachment point on the saddle bridge
• Rubber grommet-lined attachment points hold carabiners snugly to help prevent cross-loading
• Pulley sheave uses high-efficiency bearing for smooth operation
• Pulley body is machined from solid aluminum to increase strength and decrease weight