Hybrid Free Split Skin (Spring 2022)
Lightweight split skins for fat skis; no trimming needed
Contour Hybrid Free Split Skins boast all the qualities you look for in your freeride kit: small pack size, transferable to a range of skis, minimal maintenance. These skins can be adjusted by up to 10 cm in length and are designed for skis with a minimum waist of 95 mm. Since they don't have to be trimmed, they can be used across several pairs of skis.
Hybrid is the first ever twin layer adhesive technology for climbing skins. The upper layer sticks the skin firmly to the ski even at low temperatures. It is easy to remove and does not leave any residue on the ski base. The lower layer binds the upper layer of adhesive to the skin backing. The result is a unique combination of the best qualities of hot melt skins and "glueless" skins.
Includes hybrid cleaning wipes and stuff sack with microfiber cloth to clean and dry ski base before applying skins.
Ski length sizing:
- Small: 162 - 172 cm
- Medium: 171 - 181 cm
- Large: 180 - 190 cm
- X-Large: 189 - 199 cm
• Blend of 70% mohair and 30% synthetic fibers offers very good gliding properties and excellent resistance to abrasion even when used on-piste.
• Split skins have sealed edges and are shaped on the outer edges to ensure easy adjustment to the ski.
• Minimal effort required to separate adhesive sides from each other
• Effortless removal from the ski
• No more re-gluing needed; simply wash the adhesive layer to restore tackiness
• Excellent ski base adhesion on multiple ascents
• Excellent tack even at very low temperatures
• Tipclip riveted on strap for length adjustment
• Tailclip riveted on strap for length adjustment
It is important to check the adhesive layer regularly and clean it if necessary. Dust, dirt and ski wax residue do affect the adhesive performance and require the hybrid adhesive to be cleaned.