Best-selling ultralight tent; now lighter & stronger than ever
Already one of Big Agnes' best-selling, full-featured, ultralight backpacking tents, the Copper Spur HV UL series just got better. It's redesigned with updated features inside and out, using proprietary materials that are lighter, stronger, and equipped with hardware that makes set-up even easier. The high volume design provides ample living space in this freestanding structure. Traditional, media, and 3D bin pockets help organize your gear without cramping your sleep space or capacity to sit up inside. Its awning-style vestibules can be customized to expand living space, great for both drizzle and sun protection. Your ultimate UL home away from home.
Trekking poles not included.
Packed Weight: 3 lbs 14 oz / 1.76 kg
Trail Weight: 3 lbs 8 oz / 1.59 kg
Fast Fly Weight: 2 lbs 13 oz / 1.28 kg
9ft² / 9ft² / 0.8 / 0.8 m²
70 in. at head
62 in. at feet
Tent Pole Type:
DAC Featherlite NFL and NSL
21 x 6 in / 53 x 15 cm
• NEW awning-style vestibules with double-zippers provide multiple access options.
• Features two doors and two vestibules
• NEW 3-D bin 'mezzanine' at the foot provides elevated storage, oversized ceiling pocket at the head provides additional storage; media pockets provide cord-routing for electronics.
• Reduced condensation with dual low-vent vestibule doors and high fly vent to maximize active and passive airflow.
• Smooth-closing, dual-zipper doors with easy-grip pulls allow for ease of entry, exit and quick, reach-through access.
• Quick Stash door-keeper makes stowing unzipped doors quick and easy.
• Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability; pre-cut guylines and tensioners attached to fly; reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners make it easy to see at night.
• Vestibule zippers protected with storm flap.
• The Copper Hotel HV UL3 Accessory Fly is interchangeable with the standard fly, convenient for those trips when you need the extra vestibule space - sold separately
• Multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories and mtnGLO® Tent & Camp Lights.
• To extend the life of your tent floor we recommend using a Big Agnes footprint - sold separately.
• Compatible with 2020 model year HV UL3 footprint featuring TipLok Tent Buckles
• Fast Fly setup available with footprint
Construction + Materials
• Fly and floor are silicone treated proprietary ultralight double ripstop mixed denier nylon with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
• Tent body is proprietary ultralight double ripstop mixed denier nylon breathable and polyester mesh
• NEW proprietary tent corner construction with unique TipLok Tent Buckle™ to streamline tent set-up by combining three functions: secure pole-tip capture, rainfly attachment and tensioner, and stake-out loop. Keyed hole buckle locks pole tip securely during setup, hinged design stabilizes structure by equalizing force between tent body, rainfly, and ground stake.
• NEW proprietary ultralight nylon double ripstop, mixed denier fabric offers extra tear strength and puncture resistance without adding weight.
• NEW pre-bent span pole with 4-way high-volume hub design increases strength, stability, and shedding.
• All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOCs)
• DAC Featherlite NFL and NSL pole system
• Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
• 4 interior mesh pockets, 1 3-D bin pocket, 1 oversized mesh ceiling pocket, 2 media pockets, 8 DAC superlight aluminum J stakes & 4 awning guylines
• Gear loft loops included
• UL3 fits the Large Trapezoid, Wall, Large Wall, Square and Triangle gear lofts - sold separately