Backcountry Skiing California's Eastern Sierra
3rd edition guide to some of the world's best backcountry skiing
California’s Eastern Sierra has some of the world’s best backcountry skiing and snowboarding. This region’s blessings are many: a deep snowpack, sunny skies, and high-elevation peaks. Top all that with easy access and you have a skier’s dream come true. Such great terrain deserves a great book, and this one makes the grade, covering every major peak and canyon in the range, describing almost 300 descents. With so much to choose from, no matter what your skill level, the perfect challenge awaits you in the Sierra backcountry. From the moderate bowls of the Sherwins to the high-alpine exposure of Mt. Whitney, you’ll find a run that’s just right for you. In fact, you’ll find many! If you’re an expert, you can take on of the most extreme skiing challenges in America. Packed with color photographs, this book is your ticket to a lifetime of adventure.
Nate Greenberg and Dan Mingori
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• expanded and improved third edition
• ~300 ski descents (many more than the second edition!)
• full color throughout
• revealing terrain photography + inspiring action photos
• thorough introduction addresses Sierra seasons, weather, avalanche danger, skiing history, and more
• at-a-glance "beta boxesin. with aspect, slope angle, summit elevation, vertical feet, hiking distance, terrain type
• the best skiing in the world!!
• $1 from each book sale benefits the Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center!