Trad climbing lace-up shoe
The Aspect from Black Diamond is an engineered trad climbing shoe. Designed with fine, durable leather, innovative NeoFriction Force rubber, and an Engineered Knit Technology tongue, this flat-lasted, slightly asymmetrical lace-up is perfect for plugging gear at the cliff.
Built with the highest grade European leather upper, the Aspects balance comfort with performance using innovative designs that subtly set it apart. Lace up a pair and you’ll notice that the leather upper slightly covers the laces on the outside of the foot—specifically designed for protection during abrasive jamming. The shoe’s tongue is made from Engineered Knit Technology, which adds breathability and comfort. The knit also extends to the outside of the shoe to just under the rand line to offer extra padded protection for foot jams. The lateral stabilizer rands increase precision by keeping your foot from rolling when pressure is applied to the outside or inside edges. The Aspect’s stiff and durable NeoFriction Force rubber is unique in that it’s molded—inspired by the way Black Diamond forges carabiners—and not cut from one sheet of rubber. This engineered solution optimizes the shoe’s rubber and rands for weight, consistency, and comfort. The Aspect's medium-flex midsole adds support without sacrificing comfort.
Climbing Shoe Style:
• Highest grade European leather upper
• 4.3mm NeoFriction Edge rubber is purpose-built for edging and molded for optimal consistency and performance
• Medium-flex midsole adds support without sacrificing sensitivity
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Neutral, flat last for all day cragging comfort
• Engineered Knit Technology tongue provides exceptional breathability, comfort and extra padding for crack climbing
• Internal Lace Protection System for crack climbing
• Lateral stabilizer rands increase precision by keeping your foot from rolling over when pressure is applied to the outside or inside edges