Ultralight techniques don’t just apply to carrying minimal weight on thru hikes or long backpack adventures; going light is equally important for speed and efficiency while hiking technically challenging trails in sub-24 hours. In keeping with Hyperlite's philosophy of building you exactly what you need and nothing more, they’ve developed the Daybreak--an optimized, high-performance, ultralight daypack. National Geographic Adventure recently recognized this pack in their 2016 "Gear of the Year" list. Constructed of waterproof, rip-stop Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber), the Daybreak stays snug and comfortable while you navigate Rocky Mountain talus fields or the Northeast’s thickly wooded trails and granite outcroppings. Not your one-size-fits-all book bag, it comes in small, medium and large. It’s more fully featured than Hyperlite's Summit Pack, and includes side pockets for water bottles, a loop and bungee cord to attach an ice axe, a stowaway hip belt and a back pocket with additional bungees to easily access rain gear or snacks.
Nat Geo's Gear of the Year 2016
Please note, Hyperlite is phasing out the grommets on the weep holes of their pack pockets. This product may ship with or without grommets. For more info, see the Tech Specs & Features section.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear
1.19 lbs | 19.0 oz | 539g
Height: 21 (53.3cm)
Bottom Width: 11 (27.9cm)
Depth: 6.5" (16.5cm)
• Large external front pocket, great for hydration/snacks/rain jacket
• Removable ice axe attachments
• Front shock cord system allows you to lash gear or compress the pack
• Two angled side water bottle pockets that are easy to reach while wearing the pack
• Clamshell design and long water-resistant YKK zipper allows for wide pack access
• Lightly padded 1.5in. hip belt with peekaboo pocket to store hip belt when it's not in use
• Internal zippered pocket designed to hold phones/keys/money/etc
• Internal sleeve pocket helps to compartmentalize your gear (also fits a 13in. laptop)
• Bright orange liner makes it easy to see what's in your pack
• Comfortable ¼ in. padded back panel with chevron-stitched design
• Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with ¼in. foam, spacer mesh and elastic hose keepers
• Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
After a number of internal studies, Hyperlite has decided to remove the metal grommets from the weep holes of their packs. This product may ship with or without the grommet as they are phased out from Hyperlite's inventory.
The grommets were not an essential feature to the weep holes of the pack. Hyperlite has determined there is no physical function of these grommets and they have been merely for aesthetic purposes. Their design and production team has developed a consistent method of precision drilling the holes in the fabric. The heat generated from the friction from this process will seal the edges of the weep holes and eliminate the chance of the fabric fraying. This will now make the holes just as strong as when constructed with grommets.