Burly 3-layer GORE-TEX® alpine shell
Born from tradition and infused with modernity, the Patagonia Triolet Jacket maintains its mountain focus the way a hard shell should: through heavy snow, driving wind and pouring rain. The 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabric features a waterproof/breathable membrane bonded between a robust inner lining and a durable polyester outer shell that’s now 100% recycled; a DWR (durable water repellent) finish further fends off wet weather. The helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor blends protection with optimal visibility; traditional cord locks in the hood and hem allow for quick adjustment; an interior stretch mesh catch-all pocket stashes gloves or a hat; two Napoleon chest pockets and two handwarmer pockets stay clear of harness and pack lines. Other detailing includes low-bulk, watertight, coated zippers on the pit zips and external pockets; low-profile cuff closures; full-reach gusseted underarm panels for mobility; and an elasticized pant attachment strap at the inside lower back to eliminate gaps on powder days. Now with a concealed RECCO® reflector.
3L 4.8-oz 75-denier 100% polyester plain-weave GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
Helmet Compatible Hood
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• 3-layer durably waterproof/breathable and windproof 100% polyester GORE-TEX® fabric for rugged protection
• Re-engineered Optimal Visibility Hood with laminated visor is helmet-compatible and 2-way adjustable to provide good visibility in poor conditions
• Two Napoleon chest pockets with watertight zips and zipper garages; two welted handwarmer pockets stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; interior stretch catch-all pocket
• Watertight 2-way pit zips in gusseted underarm panels let you reach without raising the body of the jacket
• Low-profile cuffs use a tapered tab hook-and-loop closure for a tight wrist seal
• Elasticized strap at low back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants and select Alpine pants to prevent jacket from riding up
• Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather
• Regular fit
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
The construction of 3-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A 3-layer GORE-TEX® membrane is sandwiched between a soft outer material and a knit polyester backing material that increases durability. These garments keep you comfortable and protected from the elements without adding extra bulk or weight.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won't feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.