Half/twin rope with far greater cut resistance than standard ropes
Ropes are often exposed to sharp edges—especially when used in alpine terrain. As a result, Edelrid's well-established STARLING half rope now uses their proprietary Protect technology to offer far greater cut resistance. When manufacturing Protect ropes, the sheath is strengthened using a special processing method involving aramid fibers without impairing the rope's dynamic properties.
• Thermo Shield treatment for perfect handling
• Long-lasting water-repellent and dirt-resistant, thanks to the Pro Dry finish
• Water absorption less than 2% as per UIAA Water Repellent Test
• 3D lap coiling enables instant use without tangles
• Higher sheath content and aramid processing for increased cut resistance under load, e.g. over sharp edges