Technical specifications & features
|Gender||Men's & Unisex|
|Closeout Season||Fall 2017|
|Other Features||• Medium Fit/Med-Large Coverage
• Lens Options: ChromaPop Polarized Lenses
• Anti-Reflective and Hydrophobic Lens Coatings
• Barrel Hinges
• Hydrophilic Megol Temple Pads
• Adjustable Silicone Nose Pads
• 6 Base Lens Curvature
• Frame Measurements 59-17-140
• Titanium Frame Construction
Chromapop™ Polarized Lenses
The most visually stimulating lens in the world. A proprietary combination of patented polarization and color management technology creates incredible clarity. ChromaPop lenses maximize color and contrast by improving the speed of visual processing so you see truer color, faster.
Chromapop™ Scientifically-Advanced Lens Material
• ChromaPop lenses employ a unique combination of patented polarization, and color management technologies. The result is a lens that delivers exceptional clarity, high contrast, and dynamic color optimization.
• This advanced material can accept the sophisticated dyes and tints needed to create our proprietary visual experience. Meaning ChromaPop delivers high contrast, select color filtering and color enhancement better than other lens materials commonly used in sunglass and prescription sunglass lenses. Known throughout the industry for ophthalmic grade optics and superior performance, Trivex® is the material that powers the ChromaPop lenses.
• This gives ChromaPop lenses a visual acuity approaching glass, with benefits that surpass other materials.
1. Frontside Hydroleophobic Coating
2. Multi-layer Mirror Coating
3. Anti-scratch Protection
4. Techlite Glass or Carbonic Material
5. Smith Polarized File
6. Techlite Glass or Carbonic Material
7. Anti-Scratch Protection
8. Multi-layer Anti-reflective Coating
9. Backside Hydroleophobic Coating
Smith Optics uses the best lens materials in the world - Techlite Glass for optical precision and Carbonic for impact resistance. Smith Optics precisely alights the finest polarized filters and finish their lenses with multi-layer mirror, Anti-Reflective, anti-scratch, and Hydroleophobic lens coatings. The end result is an artfully crafted lens that preserves color perception and delivers optimized optical clarity and precision in all environments.
Placed at the nose and on the temple tips, Megol gently grips your skin to help keep the frame in place. The gripping power increases when introduced to moisture. HYDROLEOPHOBIC COATING
Repels moisture, grease, and grime. A barrier between your lenses and the world. Water will bead up and disperse without streaking. Smudges from fingerprints are wiped clean easily.
Vacuum applied Anti-Reflective (A/R) coatings on the back side of the lens will eliminate bothersome sidelight reflections.
The base curve is the radius of the sphere measured from the back of the lens. Smith features styles with 6,8, and 9 base lens curvature. Models that include 6 base tend to be more flat relative to your face. While 9 base styles provide the maximum amount of wrap around your face.
Ultra lightweight with an immaculate fit. Classic silhouettes constructed with premium stainless steel or sculpted alloy metal frames. Adjustable silicone or optical nose pads provide all day comfort.
Stainless steel optical hinges incorporate small springs within the hinge structure that keep the temples snug against your head. This type of hinge is designed to smoothly self adjust in order to accommodate a broader range of head shapes and sizes more comfortably.
Related Blog Posts
- Similar Products