Skyscape - Scout
Economical and sturdy ultralight solo tent
The Skyscape Scout now features longer 3mm cord rear guy outs (not shown in photos) which provide improved interior height at the foot and increased ventilation at the rear. Also new is the addition of reflective guy outs all around.
All Skyscape models utilize two fixed length 45" or 115 cm poles as the support structure (sold separately). Trekking poles can also be used.
The dual pole structure is slightly offset from the center of the tent. The offset yields extra head room when lying down, reducing that claustrophobic feeling. Further, it allows the Skyscape to be extremely rigid when guyed out, creating a structure capable of riding out the worst storms.
The Skyscape Scout employs Hybrid Double Wall construction. Over 80% of the canopy is separated from you by a mesh wall, keeping that wet canopy at bay. The Hybrid Double Wall construction allows the vestibules roll back. On warm summer nights, convert the Skyscape into a net tent, pesky bugs stay outside while you enjoy the views and breezes.
The two large side entry doors of the Scout lets you easily enter the tent or retrieve gear. With a floor length over 100 inches, the Skyscape accommodates the tallest hikers.
The canopy and floor of the Scout are constructed with 190T Polyester. Since this fabric is used in literally millions of tents, it is very cost effective. Incorporating Polyester fabric into the Scout makes it the most affordable ultralight tent on the market today.
The Scout is perfect for those starting to explore the world of ultralight travel.
Six Moon Designs
16 ft² (1.4 m²)
45" (peak height)
Tent Pole Type:
Uses two trekking poles or two 45" Carbon Fiber Poles (not included)
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
- Includes: Tent, Stuff Sack, Guy Lines, Spreader Bar
- Poles, footprint, and stakes sold separately
- Compatible with Footprint UL Small and Tyvek Footprint Small
- Hybrid Double Wall design
- Rollback vestibules for excellent views and ventilation.
- Dual Pole structure is extremely stable in wind and snow.
- Bathtub Floor
- Stash pocket
- Wide ceiling gives plenty of headroom.
- Extended floor for tall hikers.
- Side entry for easy access.
- Easy Setup
- Uses two trekking poles or 45-inch poles for support (sold separately)
- Uses 5 stakes for setup (sold separately)
Please note, this tent must be seam-sealed to ensure waterproofness before use. Six Moon recommends Seam Grip FC - Fast Cure Seam Sealant (sold separately).