Simple and lightweight caving descender
Designed for caving, SIMPLE is a descender that is easy to manipulate. It is used with 8.5 to 11 mm diameter low stretch kernmantel ropes. Its reduced bulk and weight simplify progression in narrow passages. The lifespan of the device can be optimized by flipping the pulleys or replacing them.
Carabiner sold separately.
Fits Rope Size & Type:
8.5 to 11 mm low stretch kernmantel rope
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Very easy to use: the rate of descent is controlled by varying the grip on the free end of the rope
• Streamlined and compact design makes it good for descending tight passages
• Composed of two aluminum pulleys to provide a light weight
• Safety gate on the openable side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the harness, facilitating the passage of intermediate anchors
• Rope installation diagram engraved on the descender
• Elongated connection hole allows the FREINO Z carabiner (sold separately) to be rotated in order to make the descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner
• Lifespan of the device can be optimized by flipping the pulleys or replacing them (D004CA00)