Salen Hatchet (Spring 2021)
Compact, all-purpose hatchet; 20-inch handle
The Hults Bruk Salen is a compact, all-around hatchet for basic uses such as making kindling, doing light brush clearing and working in the garden. It is slightly longer than the Tarnaby Hatchet, for a more powerful strike.
This hatchet has an axe head weight of 1.75 lbs and a handle length of 20 inches. The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. The handle is treated with linseed oil.
Hults Bruk Standard Axes
Axes in this series are anything but standard, providing the same quality, hand-forged Swedish steel and American hickory handles, but with a more rustic, unrefined finish. These axes are superbly designed and perform incredibly, yet represent a meaningful value to anyone who desires the quality of a Swedish steel axe at a competitive price. Each Standard Series axe comes with a leather mask that secures to the axe blade with an adjustable leather lace and storage box.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Overall Weight: 2.75 lbsHead Weight: 1.75 lbs.
Handle Length: 20"
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• This axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
• As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
• The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
• Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed user's manual.
• Materials: Solid Swedish Steel & American Hickory