R1 TechFace Hoody - Men's (Fall 2021)
Stretchy Breathable Tech Fleece with Hood
The R1 TechFace Hoody from Patagonia maintains fleece-like comfort while extending itself into scrappy days on rock, snow and ice. The stretchy, lightweight double-weave fabric (partially recycled polyester, with spandex) offers significantly more wind resistance and durability than the R1® and its articulated pattern further encourages a full range of mountain mobility. An alpine-helmet-compatible, adjustable hood with laminated visor provides coverage and visibility through shoulder-season squalls. Detailing includes a pair of high, zippered handwarmer pockets (with venting mesh), an external zippered left-chest pocket, and sleek, low-bulk stretch-knit cuffs. The adjustable hem snugs via cords routed through the hand pockets, and the DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds excess moisture.
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Lightweight double-weave fabric is soft and warm next to skin but doesn't trap excess heat; face is durable and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed moisture
• Articulated pattern encourages a wide range of movement
• Alpine helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor provides exceptional coverage and visibility
• Two secure, high handwarmer pockets with ventilating mesh backer and external zippered left-chest pocket
• Sleek, low-bulk, snag-resistant cuffs with stretch knit provide versatile coverage and comfort
• Hem adjusts by pulling cord in handwarmer pockets and releases with dual-point cord locks at front hem
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job Water Resistant
Regulator® fleece insulation provides phenomenal compressibility, light weight warmth, and moisture transport, whether used alone or as part of a layering system.
The lofted hollow-core fibers of Regulator fleece insulation conserve body heat while allowing body moisture to wick uninhibited. They're also lightweight and highly compressible for packing.
Regulator Fleece Insulation provides exceptional breathability to keep you dry on the inside and while Regulator fleece provides the same amount of warmth as a much bulkier fleece, it does so with lighter, more compressible materials. Since you stay both dryer and warmer, you're able to maintain your comfort over a wide temperature range, which results in fewer layering changes and a lighter, less bulky pack.