Technical specifications & features
|Weight||408 g (14.4 oz)|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||83081|
|Material||6.3-oz 73% organic cotton/24% polyester/3% spandex plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish|
|Other Features||• Soft and stretchy organic cotton blended with channeled, hollow-fiber polyester and spandex has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed moisture and regulate temperature; staying breathable, durable and classically comfortable
• Articulated pattern, darted knees and a gusseted crotch enhance movement and comfort under a harness
• Zip fly with belt loops and OppoSet™ adjustable waist create a low-bulk, customized fit by simply holding the button while pulling the webbing tail to tighten
• Drop-in hand pockets have breathable mesh pocket bags, and lie-flat pockets are comfortable under a harness
• Two rear, top-entry pockets create a reinforced seat for added durability
• Low-profile side pocket on right thigh has elastic Soft-Catch mesh envelope for securing valuables
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, Patagonia began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all Patagonia cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure Patagonia buys cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, Patagonia require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.
Related Blog Posts
- Similar Products