Technical specifications & features
|Weight||289 g (10.2 oz)|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||83932|
|Material||• H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.• Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved|
|Shell Layers||2.5 Layers|
|Hood Type||Helmet Compatible Hood|
|Other Features||• 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard shell with a 100% recycled nylon face
• Two-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows with a simplified cord-and-hook design
• Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
• Chest-deep center-front zipper with a minimal-welt storm flap creates a zipper-garage chin guard
• Drop-in center-front torso pocket with welted exterior storm flap and DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zipper
• Elasticized cuffs and adjustable drawcord hem seal out precip
• Pullover self-stuffs into torso pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
Although Patagonia has been using recycled polyester in their garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, Patagonia has finally found some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon used comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
Patagonia diligently searches for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead, and Patagonia is committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.
Related Blog Posts
- Similar Products