Technical specifications & features
|Weight||278 g (9.8 oz)|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||83705|
|Material||H2No® Performance Standard shell: 3-layer, 3.4-oz 30-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a recyclable polyester waterproof/breathable barrier and backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish|
|Shell Layers||Three Layers|
|Other Features||• 3-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard shell has recyclable polyester membrane and a recycled polyester face fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• Partially elasticized, separating waist secures with snap and zip fly with internal drawcord for a customized fit
• Articulated knees for optimal mobility
• Welted, DWR-treated 2-way side zips extend from cuff to thigh for easy pull-on over boots and double as vents
• Cuffs adjust with a 2-setting snap-tab closure for a tight seal on boots
• Lightweight stuffsack with clip-in loop included
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into its product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. Patagonia was the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, Patagonia is able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. Patagonia now recycles used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of its clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Related Blog Posts
- Similar Products