Sport Climbing, Cragging
The Matik by CAMP derives an assisted braking action from innovative camming design that makes the device safer and easier on the climber, the belayer, the anchor and the rope. The Matik is built so the cam rotates in and comes inline alongside the rope before it captures completely. This alignment allows a much larger contact area between the cam and the rope, and the slight amount of slippage that occurs as the cam rotates into place reduces the impact force of a fall.
When lowering, the proprietary Anti-Panic system helps prevent one of the most common accidents occurring with the use of an auto-blocking device -- losing control of the descent. The brake level will automatically disengage causing the cam to automatically reengage if it is opened too quickly or if it is kept too far open where the speed of the descent becomes unmanageable.
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• A revolutionary belay-descender device with assisted braking that delivers unparalleled safety and control
• Gradual camming action reduces the impact force of a fall and decreases wear and tear on the rope
• Proprietary Anti-Panic system automatically blocks the rope if the user loses control of the descent
• Double-hinged lever and straight rope path make the descent feel very fluid and controlled
• Intuitive design eliminates the possibility of clipping a carabiner to the device if it is not completely closed
• Wide attachment hole allows the carabiner to rotate through the hole
• High-end manufacturing with hot-forged aluminum main body and precision-cast stainless steel for the critical components that come in contact with the rope
• For single dynamic ropes from 8.6 to 10.2 mm