Durable, supportive, and comfy trad shoe
The Mantra is Butora's take on the old school board-lasted climbing shoe. Differing from the split last of their other offerings, the Mantra is board-lasted, making it very stiff, and the ultimate tool for crack, offwidth and slab climbing. The Mantra is extraordinarily durable, and its supreme durability is matched equally by its comfort. Being built from German leather that is lined with 100% organic hemp, it won't stretch out and feel sloppy later on down the road. The Poron open cell foam tongue and stiff last are guaranteed to keep you comfortable even in the most demanding toe jamming cracks.
Some of the features found on the Mantra include:
• Butora's own NEO Fuse sticky rubber
• 100% Organic Hemp lining to control stretch and odor
• German leather upper, the best leather we can find
• Open cell Poron foam tongue for all day jamming comfort
• Closed cell foam padded ankle protection
• Ample rubber for protection and grip
Size up a full size over your street shoes for comfort, or a half size up for an aggressive fit. This version is best for regular-width feet; Wide version also available. Sizing is in US Men's.
Climbing Magazine Editor's Choice 2018!
Climbing Shoe Style:
• With a board last, you can climb all day in comfort, gone are the days of painful foot jamming.
• If cracks are your thing, the Mantra simply outperforms. An all leather shoe provides comfort in those thin and mid-sized cracks.
• No longer will you have to quit climbing because your feet are in too much pain: with the Mantra, those days are over.
• Ask a resoler which brand of shoes they like to resole the most, we are pretty confident Butora will be at the top of the list. Their shoes are very well made, so you can resole them, get years out of each pair, and put that money saved towards your next climbing trip.
NEO Fuse is Butora's stickiest rubber offering. Used on a majority of Butora's shoes, Fuse is best suited to smearing, edging, and "smedging.in. NEO Fuse excels In both indoor and outdoor climbing.
-- Smearing - 10/10
-- Edging - 9/10
-- Durability - 8/10
NEO rubber is manufactured in Butora's own factory and meets the highest quality control measures set by Butora. Butora owns every step of this process from 100% raw material to finished product and takes pride in offering the highest grade product available. The NEO rubber recipe was designed to maximize friction, increase durability, prevent oxidation, cracking, and delamination.
What makes Butora's NEO rubber perform better?
Neo Rubber is sourced at the highest-grade butyl available. This ensures that the rubber is consistent throughout the manufacturing process and the life of the rubber while climbing. Butora's special formulation allows for what they believe to be the best attributes of performance, durability and longevity.
All rubber that is used in the factory is sustainably used, recycled, and repurposed when possible.