Gritstone Rock Pants - Men's
Tough rock pants
The Gritstone Rock Pants - Men's from Patagonia are burly organic cotton/polyester climbing pants with give for day-in, day-out comfort. Gritstone Rock Pants offer mechanical stretch and a comfortable organic cotton/polyester fabric that has (pay attention to this part) an antimicrobial finish. The OppoSet™ adjustable waist creates a low-bulk, customized fit, with low-profile belt loops. Drop-in pockets lie flat and have breathable mesh pocket bags, and the side pocket has an elastic mesh envelope. An articulated pattern with gusseted crotch enhances movement and comfort under a harness, while the reinforced knees add durability and accommodate knee pads for prolonged aid sessions. The pair of rear pockets add durability when butt-scooting down descent slabs. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish keeps your spilled beer from soaking in.
539 g (1 lb 3 oz)
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Organic cotton/polyester blend offers mechanical stretch with antibacterial and DWR (durable water repellent) finishes to protect, cool, fight odors and keep dry
• Articulated pattern and gusseted crotch enhance movement and comfort under a harness
• Zip fly with belt loops and OppoSet™ adjustable waist create a low-bulk, customized fit by simply holding the button and pulling the webbing tail to tighten
• Drop-in pockets have breathable mesh pocket bags and lie-flat construction for comfort under harness; low-profile side pocket has elastic Soft-Catch mesh envelope for securing valuables
• Two rear, top-entry pockets create added durability
• Reinforced knees add durability and accommodate knee pads for aid sessions
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, Patagonia began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of its cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it's worth it.
To ensure Patagonia is buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA's National Organic Program, it require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.