Auto-locking carabiner for use with Stop and Simple descenders
The Petzl Freino Z is an auto-locking carabiner with a brake spur for use with Stop and Simple caving descenders. The spur provides additional braking during the descent and facilitates creation of a tie-off. The rope can be quickly redirected over the friction spur and removed with one hand. The Freino Z can be rotated in order to make the descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner.
Only compatible with 2019 Stop (D009AA00) and Simple (D004AA00) descenders.
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Descent control:
- spur provides additional braking action during descent
- easy to use and control. The rope can be quickly redirected over the friction spur and removed with one hand
• Easy handling:
- facilitates creation of a tie-off
- Keylock system, to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- TWIST-LOCK automatic locking system, for quick opening
• Can be rotated in order to make the STOP or SIMPLE descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner
• Compatible only with STOP (D009AA00) and SIMPLE (D004AA00) caving descenders
Gate opening: 18 mm
Gate opening for friction spur: 12 mm
Certification(s): CE EN 12275 type B, UIAA