Ultralight pack with vest harness for trail running and long-distance hikes
The Flight 30 has been out adventuring and lost some weight in 2018. By lightening the weight of materials, Six Moon Designs reduced the overall pack weight by 4 ounces. This pack comes with the UL Vest Harness, making it a great pack for ultra trail runners or for those with their sights set on a FKT (fastest known time). These pursuits demand a pack that is small and compact, while still carrying enough to travel several days between resupply.
While there are many frameless packs on the market these days, there are none with an adjustable torso length. The Flight 30 allows you to adjust the torso length to adjust to both your body and conditions you're encountering.
As a frameless pack, you'll want to keep your base pack weight around 8 lbs / 3.5 kg and maximum weight below 20 lbs / 11 kg. Comfortable weight depends significantly on the type of load carried and your conditioning.
• The Flight 30 is leaner than similar packs, making it easier to negotiate cross country through brush.
• The unique vest harness allows runners to jog trails with complete freedom. No matter how fast your change of direction, the Flight 30 stays anchored.
• The UL Vest Harness not only provides stability to your pack, it adds six additional pockets for holding easily accessible items. No more searching for your snack, GPS or camera. Everything is there for instant access.
• The Flight 30 is a super-lightweight pack with just enough features to get the job done. It leaves home all the useless frills that distract you from the task at hand.
• The Flight 30 is designed to ride high above your waist so as not to interfere with the natural movement of your hips.
• The wide UL Hipbelt helps stabilize the pack and its large pockets provide additional storage.
This pack ships with the UL Vest Harness and UL Hipbelt.
Six Moon Designs
Extension Collar: 250
Exterior Pockets: 200
Total Volume: 1900
31 (Total Volume)
Maximum Load: 20 lbs / 9 kg
Base Weight: 9 lbs / 4 kg
Body: 14 oz / 400 g
Vest Harness: 6 oz / 170 g
UL Hipbelt: 6 oz / 170 g
Total: 26 oz / 740 g
Torso Length Range:
16" - 22" | 38 - 56 cm
11"W X 7"D X 17"T
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Adjustable Torso Length
• Deep Side Pockets
• Shock Cord Compression
• Large Shoulder Strap Pockets
• Removable Hip Belt with Multiple Sizes
• Minimal Contact Back Panel
• Top Loading with Dry Bag Closure
• Interior Zippered Stash Pocket
• Ten Exterior Pockets
• Daisy chain
• Elastic Lashing Cord
• Multiple Point Compression System
• Ice Axe Loop
• Dual Hydration Ports
• Material: 100D Robic Nylon
UL VEST HARNESS:
The Flight 30 works with the Six Moon Designs Vest Harness. This unique Vest Harness provides a 6-point connection between the pack and your body. This connection system offers several distinct advantages:
1. It eliminates any sway or bounce in the pack as you walk or run. The pack is fully locked to your body.
2. It spreads the pack load across a much wider area. Instead of having all of the weight sitting on your shoulders or hips, much of it is spread across your core. This reduces or eliminates sores that can develop when too much weight is concentrated in a single area.
3. The extra pockets in the vest provides additional storage for items you want to quickly access.
VEST HARNESS BENEFITS:
Years ago when Ron Moak founded Six Moon Designs, his first pack incorporated a Vest Harness, he didn't design it so he could run or hike faster. It was designed to allow him to hike comfortably without a lot of pain. A bout with cancer had made it difficult to hike more than a couple of hours at a time before stopping due to back pain.
Incorporating the Vest Harness in the pack provides significant additional support for the back and spine. By spreading the weight, he was able to walk more upright and longer distances without pain.
If you've found yourself unable to backpack as easily and as long as you once did, you may want to seriously consider the Vest Harness. (Six Moon Designs makes no claims that the Vest Harness is a miracle cure, just that it helped Ron get back to really enjoying backpacking again.)
This pack can be configured with different vest, harness, and hipbelt sizes and styles. If you require a different size or style of vest, shoulder harness, or hipbelt, please contact Backcountry Gear customer service to place a special order.