Dragontail LT - Women's (Spring 2019)
Approach shoe with stability and grip; handles heavy loads
For the climber who needs the stability of a true approach shoe for carrying heavier loads, the Garmont women's Dragontail LT fits the bill perfectly. Stability and grip combine for a mix of approach and climbing activities. Ideal for technical rock, mixed terrain approaches, scrambling and light hiking tours. The Dragontail LT is very stable and supportive, with an extremely good technical last for climbers. The lace to toe closure ensures confident foot security within the shoe. Great climbing grip with Vibram’s® SuperTrek compound.
Voted Best in Class 2016 by Gear Institute
Climbing Shoe Style:
1.8 mm water repellent suede
Eyelet and tape web lace closure
PU footbed with moisture and odor management properties
465 g / shoe at size 8 UK
Vibram® Q811 SuperTrek Outsole
Toe and heel rubber bumper supports and protects the upper
• a.d.d.®: Garmont's Anatomically Directed Design (a.d.d.®) enhances your foot's natural ability to stabilize, absorb shock, and propel forward. Fit is enhanced by closely matching design and function to the natural asymmetric shape of your feet.
-- Asymmetrical Cuff: The ankle cuff is lower on the outside and taller on the inside for better edging and greater overall stability and comfort when traversing and scrambling.
-- Anatomical Tongue: The tongue matches the asymmetric shape of the top of your foot and ankle. It is thicker to the outside and progressively thinner toward the inside. This anatomic shape keeps the tongue in place, resulting in better control, stability, and comfort.
-- Differential Ankle Pads: Securely locks the heel in place for a precise fit around the ankle bones for better stability and support.
-- Precision Lacing and Natural Flex: The shoe flexes like your foot for out-of-the-box walking comfort.
-- Roomy Toe Box: Features a straighter shape to accommodate the natural position of the big toe. With this design your toes can provide better balance and propulsion.
• Heel Lock to fix the heel in the heel pocket and prevent heel slip and blisters.
• FrameFlex Light insole provides stability for edging and hauling loads on rough trails and descents.
• Vibram® Q811 Outsole featuring a semi-blocked heel strike area for better durability and a semi-blocked medial forefoot area to enhance edging climbing performance. The SuperTrek compound increases stickiness and backpacking durability.
• Tri-microporous rubber midsole to enhance resistance to compression: - ensures comfort, shock absorption, stability and durability, and enhances climbing performance.