The most advanced mountaineering ice axe on the market; light and strong
The CAMP Corsa Nanotech is the most advanced mountaineering ice axe on the market. It merges the hyperlight properties of aluminum construction with a Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice. The steel components dramatically increase the performance of these critical points without significantly increasing the weight of the axe. The single-curve shaft provides extra clearance without interfering with walking or plunging performance. A lightweight nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft. The grip is machined for good handling and a small slot in the head allows for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately).
Sandvik Nanoflex® is an innovative patented steel alloy that is 70% stronger and 20% harder than normal steel which allows for a significant reduction in the amount of metal used, thereby decreasing weight while maintaining strength.
• A technical version of the Corsa with a single-curve shaft and Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice
• Designed for glacier travel and ski mountaineering
• Nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft
• Small head slot for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately)
• Machined grip for good handling
-- Head: Fixed
-- Pick Material: 7075 Aluminum/Nanoflex
-- Shaft Material: 1.3 mm 7075 Alu
-- Spike Material: Nanoflex
-- Standards: CE EN 13089 Type 1