Copper Spur 2 Platinum
Big A's lightest full-featured, freestanding double-wall tent
The full-featured, crazy-light Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 Platinum is easy to pack, setup, and inhabit. Dual doors and steep, vertical walls make long trips with a smelly partner - or three - bearable, and there’s enough internal space to ensure that windy, rainy afternoons spent playing dominoes will be comfortable. Media pockets located above the sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing from phones or other devices.
What's in a Name?
The Copper King Mine and Milling Company, established in 1915, ended its reign on a sour note: stockholders realized too late that the sketchy operation was nothing more than a promotional scam, and many took huge losses on the venture. The road to the defunct mine serves as an easy, two-track spur off a much larger network of trails just up the hill from the Big Agnes warehouse.
Climbing Shoe Style:
2 lbs 4 oz
Trail Weight: 2 lb 4 oz
Packed Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz
Footprint Weight: 6 oz
Fast Fly Weight: 1 lb 14 oz
Head: 40 in
Foot: 16 in
Head: 52 in
Foot: 42 in
Tent Pole Type:
DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Three-season, freestanding, crazy-light backpacking tent
• The lightest two-door, full-featured, freestanding Big Agnes double wall tent
• Features two doors and two vestibules with storm flaps on vestibule zippers
• Large dual zipper doors with discreet seams allow for easy entry and smooth closure while creating a clean, modern design
• Quick Stash on tent body makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy
• All-mesh body is great for stargazing and ventilation
• Colored mesh accentuates the Platinum's modern design
• Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
• Ready to pitch; pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly
• Reflective guy lines and webbing on tent corners
• Easy grip zipper pulls
• All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOCs)
• DAC Featherlite NFL pole system
• Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
• 4 interior mesh pockets
• 8 superlight aluminum J stakes included
• Gear loft loops included
• Footprint sold separately
• Fast Fly setup available (uses fly, poles, and footprint)
• Fits Wall, Trapezoid or Triangle gear lofts - sold separately
• Big Agnes lists several weights for their tents to aid your product research:
- Trail weight refers to poles, fly, and tent body.
- Packed weight includes poles, fly, tent body, stakes, guy lines, stuff sacks, instructions, and packaging.
- Fast Fly weight refers to the poles, tent fly, and accessory Fast Fly footprint.