Trailing fall arrest device for rigging and arborist work; for ropes 11-13mm
The Buddy 200 is a hands-free trailing fall arrest device that will follow the user up and down the rope. Minimalist design makes inspection and installation simple, while top quality materials increase durability without adding weight. The Buddy 200 is a single person device, suitable for ropes from 11-13mm diameter conforming to EN 353-2:2002.
Fits Rope Size & Type:
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Fall arrest device conforming to EN353-2:2002
• Free following protection both and up and down a safety line: As a fall arrest device certified to EN 353 it is essential that the device will follow the user both up and down a safety line. Therefore the cam in the Buddy is not sprung loaded allowing the device to run down the rope. Should you want a device that will stay in position on the rope then please look at the Catch instead.
• Rated for single person loading: As a fall arrest device it is only necessary to used by a single person. Fall arrest systems must incorporate an independent rescue method.
• Hot forged aluminium side plates provide strength and durability
• Constant cam angle provides smooth and reliable operation
• Screw lockable for semi-permanent attachment to rope: The device can be bolted into a closed position, should you require it to be attached to a safety line and for it to remain in place. For example, on a fixed line at a high ropes course it can be locked onto the rope for each user to clip as needed.
• Simple ergonomic shape is easily maintainable: The device has been designed so that it contains very few moving parts and that it can be opened to allow access to these parts, which makes it very easy to clean. Easy access and careful design also make the device simple to inspect.
• Tether cord facility: The device can be tethered using a cord tied through the appropriate hole in the body. It can also simply be clipped on one side when open, allowing the user to install/uninstall from the rope whilst still remaining attached to the device in case it is accidentally dropped.
• Large attachment eye for multiple connections: The attachment eye is large enough to take numerous connectors, allowing ease of use during any working scenario which can be imagined.
• Anodized to BS EN 7599:2010 AA10. Sealed for corrosion protection
• Designed to operate on nylon rope conforming to EN1891:1998
• Individually marked for traceability