Ascensionist Jacket - Men's (Fall 2020)
Patagonia's lightest technical shell; for fast-paced alpine adventures
In the mountains, the lighter you pack, the faster you have to travel to avoid being caught out where you don’t want to be. How fast you travel is related to how light you can safely pack. It comes down to balance—exactly what we kept front of mind when building the Ascensionist Jacket. Combining the feature set critical to alpinists and ski tourers with the light weight required by those booking through the backcountry, the Ascensionist hits the sweet spot as the lightest technical shell we make. It’s built with GORE-TEX Active fabric with C-KNIT™ Backer Technology—a lightweight, waterproof, breathable 3-layer fabric construction for high-output, high-velocity activities. C-KNIT consists of extremely fine yarns that stretch, breathe and offer a smoother feel on the innermost layer of the shell. The Optimal Visibility Hood features a laminated visor, fits over a helmet and adjusts at two points so you can fine-tune your vision. The full-mobility sleeves let you swing a tool or coil a rope without the hem of the jacket hiking up, and watertight pit zips offload excess heat. Low-profile cuffs secure with a hook-and-loop closure; an intuitive Cohaesive® cord-lock system shuts out the elements at the hem. Seams throughout are minimal and narrowly taped to cut bulk. One chest pocket with a watertight zipper holds valuables; two zippered handwarmer pockets sit high and away from a harness or waistbelt; inside, a stretch catch-all pocket handles gloves, a headlamp or other essentials. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
3-layer, 2.5-oz 30-denier 100% recycled nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX Active shell with GORE® C-KNIT Backer Technology and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Helmet Compatible Hood
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
- Lightweight, waterproof, breathable 3-layer GORE-TEX Active fabric featuring C-KNIT™ Backer Technology is soft, comfortable and built for moving fast
- Optimal Visibility Hood with laminated visor is helmet-compatible and two-way-adjustable to provide good visibility in poor conditions
- Exposed, watertight two-way pit zips provide ventilation; full-mobility sleeves let you reach without raising the body of the jacket
- Cuffs feature minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop closure; Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system has two contact points at hem for intuitive, one-handed operation
- Minimal seams are reinforced with narrow seam tape for low bulk
- Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; one exterior welted, left-chest pocket with DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zipper; interior stretch catch-all pocket
- Concealed RECCO® reflector; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 371 g (13.1 oz)
SIZE & FIT
- Regular Fit
- 3-layer, 2.5-oz 30-denier 100% recycled nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX Active shell with GORE® C-KNIT™ Backer Technology and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn