Technical specifications & features
|Weight||365 g (12.9 oz.)|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||17226|
|Closeout Season||Spring 2018|
|Material||Colibri™ — 40D nylon, lightweight, wind resistant mini ripstop taffeta with DWR coating|
|Insulation Type||750 fill European goose down and Coreloft™ synthetic insulation|
|Hood Type||No Hood|
Athletic Fit, Hip Length
• Coreloft™ 80 (80 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
• 750 fill European goose down
• Coreloft™ 140 (140 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
Arc’teryx designs for use in true alpine conditions. This requires an elevated performance that comes from careful design and patterning. The Thorium’s Athletic fit is streamlined and layers easily under a hardshell in cold conditions. Articulation built into the sleeves and gussets under the arm provide a level of freedom of movement not often found in an insulated jacket. This ergonomic freedom is an Arc’teryx design commitment that infuses every piece they make. Because the Thorium AR is intended as a midlayer, Arc’teryx is able to use sewn through construction to further reduce weight and increase packability.
MAPPED for PERFORMANCE
Arc’teryx Down Composite Mapping technology combines the goose down insulation with panels of Coreloft™ synthetic insulation in areas prone to moisture. Used in the collar, cuffs and under the arms, the Coreloft™ insulates even if wet. Down is used in the sleeves and around the body’s core. The Thorium’s tall collar seals out drafts, and two zippered pockets secure small essentials.
As an alternative to down fill insulation, we also offer synthetic fill products, such as the Atom AR Jacket.
Arc'teryx Down Construction
Down done differently - Minimalist design for maximum performance, built to the highest levels of craftsmanship, with innovations for increased range of comfort and conditions. Efficient, lightweight and durable enough to wear every day.
• High warmth-to-weight ratio
• Conforms closely to the body trapping heat closer to your core
• Highly compressible
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - Athletic Fit
Standing in as the “Arc’teryx Standard” fit, the complex patterns used utilize anatomical shaping and gussets to enhance motion and eliminate excess bulk. Trimmer than the Relaxed fit with room for a base layer, a light fleece mid-layer and a synthetic or down filled mid-layer.
AR | All Around
Provides high performance & weather protection and highlights a range of features to give All Around versatility in multiple activities.
• Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
• Compressible and packable
• Wind resistant
• DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
• Down Composite Mapping strategically places Coreloft™ synthetic insulation in areas where moisture may buildup and down in areas for maximum warmth
• Athletic fit for a slimmer more flattering profile
Zippers & Fly Configuration
• Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
• Full front zip with chin guard and wind flap
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
• Elastic cuffs
• Adjustable hem drawcord
• Two hand pockets with zippers
• Includes stuff sack
• Machine wash in warm water (30°C) on gentle wash cycle.
• Do not use fabric softener.
• Front load washing machine recommended (use a mesh bag for top loading machines).
• Rinse twice.
• Tumble dry on low heat with tennis balls or 'sock balls'. Drying time may take up to three hours.
• Do not iron.
• Store unstuffed in a dry place.
- Similar Products