Super-versatile T-rated axe for steep or lower-angle climbing
Despite its aggressive appearance, the DMM Apex is comfortable across a wide variety of terrain. The shaft curve has been precisely designed to give clearance and stability on steep ground while remaining effective when plunging, daggering and moving on lower-angle snow slopes.
The Apex is fully T-rated, and the head and handle are double riveted onto the lightweight aluminum shaft. This robust construction lets the Apex handle the burly nature of winter climbing.
The hot-forged handle also strikes a balance between performance and versatility. The upper and lower hand rests allow hand matching, crucial to the Apex’s performance on steeper ground.
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• Dual handrests allow techniques such as matching, maximizing the performance of these tools when leashless climbing on steep terrain
• Picks feature removable weights that adjust the balance of the swing. Adding weights helps the pick cleanly strike hard ice, while removing them reduces weight for mixed climbing and dry tooling.
• The curved shaft of the axe creates clearance for reaching over bulges on ice and rock, allowing you to climb on steep ground more easily. It also reduces the angle of the handle when the axe is hooked on a feature, making climbing on steep terrain less tiring and more secure.
• Full-strength clip-in point allows use of the axe as an anchor
• Supplied with Grippy Grip Tape for extra handle grip and insulation
• Shaft and pick axes are T-rated, making them tough enough for modern mixed climbing techniques
• Steel picks are strong and highly durable. They are laser cut, and then CNC machined for high performance on ice, frozen turf and rock.
• Interchangeable picks for improved performance on either ice or mixed terrain (extra picks sold separately)
• Spike for security on low-angled snow slopes