Mid-top, all-day trad climbing shoe
The Butora Altura is a mid top trad climbing machine. The Altura excels at long days of multi-pitch crack climbing and big walls, but performs just as well on sharp micro edges. The 100% organic hemp lined German leather stretches very little, so the size you buy is the size you end up with. At Butora they take the details seriously, like how they use three different deniers of thread and don't use liquid adhesives on the upper, allowing better breathability. Whether in Yosemite, Indian Creek, or just at your local crag, the Altura's performance and comfort are so good you won't want to take them off.
Some of the features found on the Altura include:
• Butora's own NEO Fuse sticky rubber
• 100% Organic Hemp lining to control stretch and odor
• German leather upper, the best leather we can find
• Open cell Poron foam tongue for all day jamming comfort
• Closed cell foam padded ankle protection
• Ample rubber for protection and grip
• Moisture-wicking split leather footbed
This shoe is designed for regular-width feet; Altura Wide also available. Size up 1 size over street shoe for comfort, 1/2 size up for an aggressive fit (results may vary). Sizing is in US Men's.
Climbing Shoe Style:
German hydrovelour split leather
100% organic hemp lining; split-leather footbed
• Comfort, lots and lots of comfort. Say yes to long multi pitch routes, your feet will thank you.
• The Altura is lined with hemp, so gone are the days of shoes that stretch out and are too big 6 months into owning them. The size you buy is the size it will stay.
• With the Altura, you will edge like a master, power transfer is great, and combined with the comfort you will be climbing harder than ever, and longer than ever.
• Ask a resoler which brand of shoes they like to resole the most, we are pretty confident Butora will be at the top of the list. Their shoes are very well made, so you can resole them, get years out of each pair, and put that money saved towards your next climbing trip.
NEO Fuse is Butora's stickiest rubber offering. Used on a majority of Butora's shoes, Fuse is best suited to smearing, edging, and "smedging.in. NEO Fuse excels In both indoor and outdoor climbing.
-- Smearing - 10/10
-- Edging - 9/10
-- Durability - 8/10
NEO rubber is manufactured in Butora's own factory and meets the highest quality control measures set by Butora. Butora owns every step of this process from 100% raw material to finished product and takes pride in offering the highest grade product available. The NEO rubber recipe was designed to maximize friction, increase durability, prevent oxidation, cracking, and delamination.
What makes Butora's NEO rubber perform better?
Neo Rubber is sourced at the highest-grade butyl available. This ensures that the rubber is consistent throughout the manufacturing process and the life of the rubber while climbing. Butora's special formulation allows for what they believe to be the best attributes of performance, durability and longevity.
All rubber that is used in the factory is sustainably used, recycled, and repurposed when possible.