Alto TR1 Plus
Ultralight solo tent with a high degree of livability for shoulder-season use
The Sea to Summit Alto TR1 Plus semi-freestanding tent provides maximum livability for the solo backpacker who is active right to the ends of shoulder seasons.
Vertical walls, a tall, oversized door and the same functional details as the standard Alto combine with materials that will keep you warm and dry in windier and wetter conditions. Whenever you camp, you’ll have more usable space, better ventilation and more versatility than any other ultra-lightweight tent.
Tension Ridge™ creates best-in-class interior space & higher doors for unmatched livability.
Fabric inner tent and higher-specification waterproof floor will keep out cold winds and wet weather.
The Apex Vent™ expels warm air & Baseline Vents allow you to control airflow to prevent condensation.
Lightbar™, FairShare Storage System & Quick Connect Foot System make tent life easier.
Versatility that is head and shoulders above other shoulder-season tents
Engineered for end-of-season weather…
-- Dry setup and takedown (put up the rainfly first / take it down last to keep the inner tent dry)
-- Quick Connect Foot System (attach the pole and the inner tent easily, even while wearing gloves)
-- Fabric inner tent (prevents cold drafts from robbing you of warmth inside the tent)
-- Uprated floor (waterproof performance for wet, boggy conditions)
Perfect for warmer-weather use, too…
-- Roll back the rainfly all the way to the Tension Ridge for stargazing, or redeploy the rainfly from inside the tent if the weather changes.
• Made for 3+ Seasons with a fabric inner tent which keeps out cold drafts. Plus a higher-specification waterproof floor, suitable for the wetter ground conditions.
• Tension Ridge™ raises the tent’s shape upwards for more usable head-and-shoulder space and creates a truly higher doors for easier entry and more vestibule storage.
• Color-coded ultra-strong lightweight DAC NSL poleset and quick connect pole feet make for easy setup.
• Made for longevity and to be waterproof by using premium materials including DAC poles, YKK zippers, 7-series aluminum hardware and seam-taped PeU-coated rainfly.
• FairShare™ storage system: tent packs into 3 stuff sacks to split the load. After set-up, stuff sacks transform into gear storage pockets.
• Lightbar™: add a headlamp and secure the tent pole storage sack to the apex of the tent for soft even illumination (headlamp not included).
• Rainfly can be setup first for a dry setup and takedown.
• Includes 9 Ground Control Light Tent Pegs and 4 removable Ground Control Guy Lines with custom attachment toggles.
• To extend the life of your tent floor we recommend using a Sea to Summit footprint - sold separately.
Construction & Materials:
-- The 6” deep 20D nylon tub floor is rated to 2500mm hydrostatic head – ideal for wet and boggy conditions.
-- Lightweight 20D ripstop nylon inner tent fabric keeps out drafts and spindrift.
-- Silicone / Polyether Polyurethane-coated 15D nylon rainfly fabric provides long-lasting waterproof performance.
-- The poles of the Tension Ridge™ are swept upwards – not angled downwards as is common in tents. This raises the tent’s shape, providing significantly more livable space.
-- Apex Vent™ - at the highest point of the tent, this oversized vent efficiently expels warm air to prevent condensation and can be easily zipped shut from inside the tent.
-- Baseline Vents allow you to control airflow and effectively manage humidity and condensation in wet conditions without letting the rain in.
-- Quick Connect Foot is a beautifully designed, machined aluminum clip that attaches the pole and the inner foot with ease and is stronger than plastic buckles that can break.