Alpine-Up Belay Device & HMS
Versatile assisted-braking belay/rappel device with guide mode
The Alpine-Up Belay Device, made by Climbing Technology, is a highly versatile assisted-braking device for belaying and rappelling; developed especially for mountaineering. It can be used with twin, half, or single ropes. The Alpine-Up has three modes: dynamic, click-up, and guide. In dynamic mode, the Alpine-Up functions exactly like a tube device for standard belaying and rappelling. In click-up mode, it acts as an assisted-braking device that will catch any fall. In guide mode, the Alpine-Up will operate directly from the anchors while maintaining its assisted-braking ability. For extra leverage when rappelling, the Alpine-Up is equipped with a foldaway lever.
Fits Rope Size & Type:
Half or Twin Rope: 7.3 - 9.0mm
Single Rope: 8.6 - 10.5mm
Device only: 175 g
Mfg Sku/Part Number:
• The click-up mode (Hand assisted braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolted)
- self-locking rappelling, using the folding handle
- absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted.
• The dynamic mode (Manual braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on alpine route or ice climbing (cams, nuts, and pitons)
- braking friction with "Vin. grooves, similar to a tube device
- rappelling with "Vin. grooves brake.
• The guide mode allows:
- independent and self-locking belaying of one or two seconding climbers
- possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, by placing a carabiner in the proper hole.
• ALPINE UP is supplied and must be used with the proper CONCEPT SGL HC carabiner with hardcoated wear-proof anodization and ACL system that prevents the possibility of cross-loading.