Built for the greatest of all time, the 8.6 Ondra Edition is Black Diamond's slimmest diameter cord, specifically designed to accompany BD Athlete Adam Ondra on his hardest redpoints. Featuring the durable 2x2 woven sheath that Ondra prefers and a color he hand-picked, this 8.6 has a dry-treated core and sheath for extra durability and weather resistance. The triple dash middle marker is easy to spot and adds a margin of safety, while the 80-meter length is ideal for the pumpfest enduro routes that test your limits and the length of shorter cords.
• Athlete Driven by Adam Ondra
• The slimmest diameter single rope in BD's line
• Triple Dash Middle Marker—adds margin of safety for identifying middle of rope
• UIAA Dry—With a core and sheath that are dry treated, this rope is protected against weather from the inside out and meets the UIAA Water Repellent standard
• 2X2 Woven Sheath—Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, BD's standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use
• Climb Ready Coil—tie in for a pitch right out of the packaging
• Durability and Handling Balance—Purpose-built to balance both durability and great handling, BD ropes are not too stiff and not too soft, giving you a great-feeling rope that knots easily, feeds through your belay device with ease, yet holds up to a barrage of use