Ultralight cuben fiber 55 liter pack
Achieve your optimal hiking speed, efficiency and comfort with Hyperline's streamlined 3400 Windrider ultralight pack. Ideal for thru hiking trails that require longer times between resupplies, take this high-performance pack on the Pacific Crest Trail, the Continental Divide Trail or the Appalachian Trail. Also excellent for ski/snowshoe hut trips into the White Mountains or a quick trip to climb Mount Stuart in the Cascades, it comfortably carries 55 liters. Voted Backpacker Magazine’s “Best Ultralight Pack,” the Windrider includes everything you need and nothing you don’t. Made from 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber), this pack is highly durable and weatherproof. Use it with Hyperline Stuff Sacks for a nearly perfect waterproof kit.
Please note, Hyperlite is phasing out the grommets on the weep holes of their pack pockets. This product may ship with or without grommets. For more info, see the Tech Specs & Features section.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear
Interior: 3400 cu. in. | External: 600 cu. in. | Center pocket: 300 cu. in. | Side pockets: 150 cu. in.
Interior: 55L | External: 9.8L
2.10 lbs | 33.5 oz | 950g
Torso Length Range:
Small: 15 in. - 17 in.
Medium: 17 in. - 19 in.
Large: 19 in. - 21 in.
Tall: 21 in. +
Top Circumference: 37.5" (95.3cm)
Bottom Circumference: 33.5" (85.1cm)
Height (fully unrolled): 30" (72.6cm)
Back Width: 10.5" (26.7cm)
Load capacity: 20 - 40 lbs
• Made in Maine
• Three external mesh pockets -- Makes it easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster
• Removable, contoured aluminum stays
• Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8in. closed cell foam and spacer mesh
• Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
• Side compression straps for horizontal compression
• Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
• Dyneema® Hardline hip belt with 1/8in. closed cell rigid foam, 3/8" closed cell foam and spacer mesh
• Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
• Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
• Ice Axe loop
• Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
• Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
• Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
After a number of internal studies, Hyperlite has decided to remove the metal grommets from the weep holes of their packs. This product may ship with or without the grommet as they are phased out from Hyperlite's inventory.
The grommets were not an essential feature to the weep holes of the pack. Hyperlite has determined there is no physical function of these grommets and they have been merely for aesthetic purposes. Their design and production team has developed a consistent method of precision drilling the holes in the fabric. The heat generated from the friction from this process will seal the edges of the weep holes and eliminate the chance of the fabric fraying. This will now make the holes just as strong as when constructed with grommets.