Questions on Torrentshell Jacket - Women's (Fall 2012)
- From Mitch at 12/2/12 2:52 PM
- From mary at 2/6/13 5:45 PM
- Are there pit zips or other forms of ventilation? Would this be a good rain jacket for Kauai, the rainiest place on earth--and tropical?
- Thank you for the question. Yes, this jacket does have pit zips for ventilation. It's a fully waterproof jacket so there's no worries about the rain, but it is not as breathable as some of our other jackets. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it might seem a bit clammy on the skin with such high humidity. Thanks!
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
Patagonia - Torrentshell Jacket - Women's (Fall 2012)
Quick OverviewLightweight, high-performance rainproof jacket
Pared-down and packable, the Torrentshell is a no-frills, 2.5-layer H2No® barrier waterproof/breathable hard shell for seriously wet weather. For trekking and hiking in drenching conditions, the Torrentshell Jacket provides 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable protection that's durable, lightweight and simple. The nylon jacket has a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish and stuffs into one of two zippered handwarmer pockets (with a clip-in loop); the hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor; and the center zipper has exterior and interior storm flaps. With pit zips for added ventilation, a microfleece-lined neck and a drawcord hem.
Manufacturer Patagonia Weight 12.8 oz. Gender Women's Material 2.5-layer nylon ripstop shell with a waterproof/breathable H2No barrier and Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish Shell Material h2no Waterproof Yes Other Features Center-front zipper has exterior and interior storm flaps to keep water out; pit zips have storm flaps and Deluge DWR-treated zippers
Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
Drawcord hem; packs into zippered self-storage pocket
- Product Reviews
- Product Reviews
- Questions and Answers