Western Mountaineering - Flash Jacket - Men's
Made in Canada.
Western Mountaineering's top-notch construction methods, attention to detail, and years of experience working solely with premium down set them apart from other brands; they are simply one of the world's best down companies, bar none. Based in San Jose, CA, they are committed to manufacturing in the USA and Canada. Their down is sourced from free-range mother geese who are never live-plucked or force-fed.
International Restrictions Apply
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||9 oz. (Med)|
|Shell Material||Lightweight 0.9 oz. Dot-Ripstop Nylon Shell Fabric w/ a DWR finish|
|Insulation Type||850+ Fill Down; Average Fill Weight 3 oz.|
|Hood Type||Yes Hood|
|Other Features||- Insulated hood
- Front handwarmer pockets are insulated on both front and back
- YKK Lightweight Reversed Coil Zipper
- Down Filled Draft Tube Behind Zipper
- Hood and waist have elastic piping to seal out the cold
- Please note, special care should be taken to avoid abrading the shell fabric; it is designed to be ultralight and super-compressible. Treat it right and your Flash Jacket will provide years of use!
- great no frills jacket
Western Mountaineering has done it again. This jacket isn't trying to be something it's not and it succeeds at taking up zero room in a pack and yet expanding into a nice and toasty warm layer for cool mornings, cold nights, and unexpected stretches of inactivity in cool climates.
I bring this jacket on all of my multi-day trips into the alpine or during the cooler stints of the year. This is the perfect jacket for climbers, hikers, and bicycle and ski tourers.
Questions & Answers
Related Blog Posts
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products