Western Mountaineering - Flight Pants - Unisex
Western Mountaineering's top-notch construction methods, attention to detail, and years of experience working solely with premium down set them apart from other brands; they are simply one of the world's best down companies, bar none. Based in San Jose, CA, they are committed to manufacturing the in US and Canada. Their down is sourced from free-range mother geese who are never live-plucked or force-fed.
International Restrictions Apply
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||12.5 oz (360 g)|
|Shell Material||- Microfiber shell fabric with DWR finish
- Windproof, highly-water-resistant GORE® Windstopper™ seat and knees
|Insulation Type||850+ Fill Down; Average fill weight: 115 grams (4 oz) per pair|
|Other Features||- Full-length side zips for easy on and off
- YKK two way reverse #5 coil zippers
- Adjustable waist belt
- Elastic ankle cuffs with adjustable Velcro closure
- Gore Windstopper storm tabs protecting zipper sliders
- Unisex sizing
- Warm. Extremely Light. Well made
Typical WM quality. The fabric is Microlite XP and it reminds me of the MH Ghost Whisperer fabric. Exceedingly light ripstop. The Gore Windstopper is also feather light and reinforces the seat and fron legs from the knee to ankle.
The zippers are not YKK as the WM website claims, but IDEAL brand. Seem ok, but time will tell.
I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs. The XL are perfect Ann fit over a warm under layer or even hiking pants. . The waist and cuffs are stretchy and the waist belt is very light but secures nicely. Also, the XL give you a 34" leg length. They kept me warm at 0 degrees and -25 windchill inside my 0 degree WM sleeping bag. Wore over fleece stretch tights.
If you're in the market, you will be happy with these.
- Absolutely fantastic
Warm, comfortable with the zips they can be put on/off very quickly
I have had in the past many other brands but this one wins the first price
I use them in Himalaya in high altitude in very low temperature and I was very comfortable
- Happy! Warm!
- Best down pant, super warm
- If you are sitting out waiting for your turn on the line and your legs are cold, hanging outside in the cold stargazing or taking the pooch for a walk on a cold Vermont evening then these pants are for you. Worn either over a pair of street pants or over a base layer, these bad boys are the answer to cold legs. I love them so much I ordered another pair..... Sweet!!!!!!
- BUY THEM.
- They're the missing link between the super-light useless synthetics and the I should be carrying an extra sleeping bag huge ones. Like that down coat everybody wears except for the rest of your body. Be prepared to be ridiculed for their fluffy nature until the person ridiculing you tries them and wants a pair.
- It's like wearing a sleeping bag
- super warm insulation layer, perfect for wearing around camp or in extreme mountaineering conditions. The pants are super compressible making them easy to pack, and the 850 down fill keeps them super light. Used them during winter hunts and winter camping. Although they're expensive, they're worth the cost. I recommend them for anyone looking for a solid insulation layer during winter activities.
Questions & Answers
I'm 6 ft 2 in. 185 lbs about a 34 in waist.
Would you suggest medium or large.
I plan on wearing them over my hiking pants.
I would like to buy a pair of flight down pants, but I don't know what size it fits for me. I am 5.9 feet tall and weight 176 lbs.
Wearing them over the hiking pants is part of the plan. Should I choose Medium or Large?
Thank you for your question.
With your specs, you could likely go either way. However, unless you are looking for an especially snug fit, I would recommend going with the large.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products