Western Mountaineering - Flight Jacket - Unisex
Western Mountaineering's top-notch construction methods, attention to detail, and years of experience working solely with premium down set them apart from other brands; they are simply one of the world's best down companies, bar none. Based in San Jose, CA, they are committed to manufacturing the in US and Canada. Their down is sourced from free-range mother geese who are never live-plucked or force-fed.
International Restrictions Apply
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Average weight: 11 oz|
|Shell Material||Lightweight 0.9 oz. Micro-Dot Ripstop Shell Fabric|
|Insulation Type||850+ Fill Down; Average Fill Weight: 4.5 oz (130g)|
|Hood Type||No Hood|
|Other Features||- Elastic Drawcord Bottom Closure
- Down Filled Front Pockets
- Super Light Vislon Zipper
- Down Filled Draft Tube Behind Zipper
- Unisex sizing
- Please note, special care should be taken to avoid abrading the shell fabric; it is designed to be ultralight and super-compressible. Treat it right and your Flight Jacket will provide years of use!
- Take Flight
- Husband (65) and I (68) have marveled over this jacket in sizes L & M for maybe 6-7 years, ranging from our last days of backpacking to our current slow hiking. Our citified hosts of various ages take our jackets as we arrive, remark on the feather-weight and cloud-like feel --and pretty soon they're buying one, too! Okay we're too old now to be doing all the high-country camping we used to love, but we wish we had had so versatile, packable, delicious a garment in the early years. Currently we live in a pocket of a lovely coastal town that gets frigid fog and wind, so we wear the Flight nearly full-time. Hubby pulled a couple of rips in his (five years later), so we procured a second; mine is still awesome. I can't imagine being without it. Washes with a good down soap beautifully; stays lofty; feels luxurious; has room for layers or not.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products