Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Short: 1 lb 13 oz / Reg: 1 lb 15 oz / Long: 2 lbs 1 oz|
|Gender||Men's & Unisex|
|Temp Rating º F||20º F|
|Temp Rating º C||-7° C|
|Seasonal Usage||Three Season|
|Insulation||850+ fill goose down|
|Fill Weight||Short: 17 oz / Reg: 19 oz / Long 21 oz|
|Bag Shell Material||0.9 oz ExtremeLite™ proprietary fabric: extremely high thread count and ultra-lightweight|
|Bag Length||Short: 5 ft 6 in / Reg: 6 ft / Long: 6 ft 6 in|
|Bag Stuff Size||Short: 7 x 13 in / Reg & Long: 8 x 15 in|
|Bag Loft||5 inches|
|Circumference at Chest||Short: 63 in / Reg: 64 in / Long: 65 in|
|Circumference at Hips||Short: 56 in / Reg: 55 in / Long: 56 in|
|Circumference at Foot||Short: 39 in / Reg: 39 in / Long: 39 in|
|Other Features||5.25 inch continuous baffles allow you to shift the down underneath you in warmer temps, or on top of you in cold temps
ExtremeLite™ fabric: No other shell fabric is this light or packed with so many threads per square inch
Split Full collar completely surrounds your neck for maximum heat retention
Full-length draft tube seals in heat along the zipper
Full-length YKK #5 zipper
Stiffening tape along zippers to prevent snags.
Please note, special care should be taken to avoid abrading the shell fabric; it is designed to be ultralight and super-compressible. Treat it right and your AlpinLite will provide years of use!
Questions & Answers
I have a few questions:
1. Is the hood calculated in the length of the sleeping bag?
2. Is the sleeping bag water resistant? How much moisture can the sleeping bag resist?
3. Can the temperature rating of 20 degrees be classified as comfort, maximum or extreme?
4. I'm 5'9'' tall and I weigh 187 pounds, should I buy size "Regular" or "Extra long"?
Thank you in advance!
1. the hood is part of the length measurement of the sleeping bag
2. the bag is not water resistant, however, it will dry extremely fast. If you would like a bag with water resistant properties, I recommend the Western Mountaineering Apache MF or any of the MF bags which have the MicroLite XP fabric and are extremely weather resistant and breathable.
3. the temperature rating should be used as an estimation, depending on how efficient your own body is at regulating heat. I would say that the rating is usually a "maximum" even though some companies might say that's their "comfort" rating.
4. size "Regular" goes up to 6" which will be long enough for you.
Thank you for your question.
The right or left zipper configuration on Western bags is from the point of view of the user inside the bag looking up.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Thank you for your question.
As with any down bag, care must be taken in order to ensure the bag stays dry during extended periods in the backcountry, in order to maintain the bags loft and warmth. Do keep in mind that Western does not use treated, water-resistant down. However, when paired with a waterproof stuff suck and used inside a waterproof tent, you shouldn't have any issues with using this down bag in a wet environment.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Related Blog Posts
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products