Vargo Outdoors - Triad Titanium Alcohol Stove (Fall 2016)
Technical specifications & features
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||T-302|
|Stove System||Stove Only|
|Other Features||Weighs only 1 oz.
Made of Titanium
Boils 16 oz. of water in under 8 minutes
Will support a diameter as small as 95 mm
- Good and light stove
- Great little stove. Ziptie is spot on: use a bottle cap with alcohol under the Trianga. You won't need to fill it all the way and it will bloom faster. I use a small, thin brass finger pull for a sliding door (two of them if it's really cold). A windscreen improves fuel consumption and may hasten boiling. It's a necessity if there's a light breeze.
- Nice little stove!
- Extremely light. Only problem is that small items will not fit without additional support. Does a good job though and is easy to get fuel.
- Ignore Fireweed, must be a noob, or just functionally illiterate. Ziptie is spot on. When you understand why and how these things work, they work great.
- Great stove
- I,ve used this stove for a while and really like the simplicity of it, I've read other reviews and understand the ire about having to fill it all the way up. A trick to get around this is use a metal bottle cap with a few drops of alcohol in it. Place it half way underneath the stove and lit it. The little heat will vaporizes the stove contents faster and will allow you to cook with less fuel. I,ve boiled water in my snow peak 700 ml with less than one oz in the stove by using the bottle cap method. This stove rocks for someone who wants less weight.
- Use a cat food can instead.
- I used this stove on the AT this fall. It is hard to fill because you cannot see when it is full. It doesn't work if it isn't full. It will drive you nuts. Should you want a quick cup of tea you need to go through the whole fill it up routine. A cat food can takes much less fuel, time and energy and is a much more efficient use of time, fuel and money.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers