Totem - Totem Cam
The new patented Direct Loading Camming Device system applies a perfectly equalized load directly onto each lobe, eliminating the risk of inactive lobes and therefore any outbalanced forces that might compromise cam placement stability. Where rock contact with four cam lobes is not possible, Totem Cam still offers the option to load just two lobes.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||69 g (Black) to 144 g (Orange)|
|Force Rating||#0.50: 6 kN / #0.65: 8 kN / #0.80: 9 kN
#1.00: 10 kN / #1.25: 13 kN / #1.5: 13 kN
|Other Features||Well-sized cam heads with the narrowest head width for the smallest sizes.
Very flexible cam body.
Easy handling even with gloves.
Loadable on just two lobes. (but read the manual first!)
Great holding power. Compared with a regular Spring Loaded Camming Device system (system used by most other brands), Totem Cam is like a regular SLCD with approximately 13 degree cam angle combined with hard 7075-T6 aluminum lobes.
Diagonal micro-teeth on the cam lobes’ friction surface provide additional grip and do not affect the logarithmic shape, as where standard steep straight teeth are used, so constant holding power and cam placement setting are not compromised.
Less walking due to strong springs and good flexibility.
Good expansion range (1.64:1)
Light and durable.
- The first real improvement over the Camalots
- The effective holding power of these cams exceeds all others, due to their unique direct wire design. Yes, they have better holding power than Metolius' 13 degree cam angles, and still have the range of a C4. When you fall, are you going to worry more about saving 10 bucks, or having the cam that stays put?
- Best cams around!
- Yes they are a bit pricy, but they really are amazing. As others have said they just feel bomber. Larger sizes are nice but the smaller sizes are where they really shine. The blue has they head width of a C3 but is way more stable due to the four equalized lobes. Wish they made a smaller size... Range of C4's, better holding power in flares than aliens, narrowest head width, even better than offsets in many placements. If I had to say something negative, I'd say they don't have the "snappy" action feel of a C4 or mastercam, but they are still very easy to place and remove and I've yet to get one even close to being stuck.
- Best cams - Bomber!
- I have a full set of these and full set of BD X4. Also some C4 in the larger sizes. When I want confident Bomber holds, I always go for the totem. They always feel and are more bomber than the BDs. All the people I climb with agree once they use them. I also love the feel in my hand. I'd trade my X4 for another set of totems!
- Great Product
- Love em better than c4's, buy em all
- Great Product
- I love these cams they are very stable and confidence inspiring. The super flexibility is a big plus. You can place these in tighter locations than an equivalent BD. Quality seems to be excellent. I will be purchasing the entire set. I think these are the best cams you can buy.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products