Questions on Ultralite
- From Jordan at 9/26/11 11:59 AM
- The short bag is rated at 5' 6". How long are the Regular and Long versions? As I am 6', what version would I need?
- Thanks for the question Jordan. The regular length is 6', and long is 6'6". If you're exactly six feet tall, then you could really go either way (6' or 6'6"). The 6' bag will save a few ounces, but there will be no room in the foot box for your water bottle and fuel canister if the temps drop below freezing. If you go with the long, you'll have enough space to protect cold sensitive items from the freeze, but leaving that extra space empty can lead to cold toes.
I recommend trying one of these bags in your local shop. If someone nearby stocks Western Mountaineering, then you should take the time to climb into both sizes and see which you prefer.
Most 6' folks opt for the Long. Thanks Jordan!
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
Western Mountaineering - Ultralite
Quick OverviewA solid 3 season bag without the weight
A solid 3 season bag without the weight. If your summer bike tour is going to take you through different climates then the UltraLite is a good choice. With a 59" shoulder girth this efficient bag is good to 20 degrees. The full down collar helps to seal in heat around your neck without adding excess bulk, and 16 oz. of high lofting down pumps this bag to 5". The total weight of this very compressible package is only 1 lb. 13 oz.
Manufacturer Western Mountaineering Weight Short: 1 lbs. 12 oz. / Reg: 1 lbs. 13 oz. / Long:1 lbs. 15 oz. Gender Men's & Unisex Color Blue Made in USA Temp Rating º F 20º F Temp Rating º C -7° C Bag Style Mummy Seasonal Usage Three Season Insulation 850+ Fill Down Bag Shell Material ExtremeLite™ Bag Stuff Size 7 x 13 in. Diameter at Chest 59 in. Diameter at Hips 51 in. Diameter at Foot 38 in. Waterproof No Other Features 0.9 oz. ExtremeLite fabric shell.
5.25 in. continuous Baffles.
Filled with 16 oz. of down.
5 in. Loft
Down filled draft tube to reduce air leaks
YKK #5 double pull zipper.
Stiffening tape along zippers to prevent snags.
- Product Reviews
- Product Reviews
- great sleeping bag down to freezing temperatures. Review by Silvan L
Value Quality Price
depends what you wear inside the sleeping bag, but I feel comfortable without wearing much down to 0°C. I think there is room for much deeper temperatures (probably -10°C) with cloth-on.
(Posted on 10/1/13)
- Very satisfied Review by Gordon
Price Value Quality
Well designed for comfort, warm, very light and compact when packed - what more could you ask for.
(Posted on 9/10/13)
- Questions and Answers