The North Face - O2
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Total Weight: 2 lbs 4 oz. (1.02 kg)
Trail Weight: 1 lbs 14 oz. (0.85 kg)
Fastpack Weight: 1 lbs 5 oz. (0.56 kg)
|Color||Canary Yellow / Monument Grey|
|Size||2 - Person|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||NF00CF14AGV-OS|
|Tent Sleeps||2 Person|
|Area||25.6 ft sq. (2.38 m sq.)|
|Tent Type||Double Wall|
|Vestibule Size||5.13 ft sq. (0.09 m sq.)|
|Number of Doors||1 Door|
|Width||Door: 51 in.
Foot: 40 in.
Vestibule: 18 in.; 18 in.
|Material||FLY: 15D durable nylon ripstop, 1200 mm PU coating, silicone water-resistant finish
MESH: 15D lightweight nylon "no-see-um" mesh
FLOOR: 20D durable nylon ripstop, 1200 mm PU coating, silicone water-resistant finish
|Other Features||• Tarp-style fly provides ample coverage and a wind-shedding design
• Large door and vestibule
• Multiple loops for hanging drying lines or headlamps
• End poles can be replaced with trekking poles for an even lighter trail weight
• Vaulted head and footbox for maximum internal space
- Very lightweight tent
- Have used twice now. Tent weighed 2 lbs 6 oz. Just a little over advertised weight, but still very good. Packs very small, so small I can fit it inside a day pack. Seems very sturdy. It is not free standing. Requires stakes to set up. I replaced the stakes with MSR carbon stakes. Much less weight and easier to use with round head. Trail weight advertised seems impossible, as you need the stakes and poles. You cannot use trekking poles in place of the end poles. There are grommets at the top and bottom. No way a trekking pole would work. The end poles are very light anyway, so you wouldn't save that much weight. It takes a little restaking after you set it up to get the optimal floor space. It is fairly roomy for 1. Can fit pack and other gear inside. Fits a large sleeping pad, but barely. I think it's closer to 78" inside length, maybe 80". North face makes good quality, easy to set up tents. I got it on sale for $229, no tax, no shipping. Very good price compared with big Agnes or tarp tent. Only negative is the advertised trail weight is wrong and you can't use trekking poles.
Questions & Answers
2. What is meant by "trail weight"?
Thank you for your question.
The single door on the North Face 02 tent is located on the side of the tent, marked by a yellow L shaped zipper that can be seen in the picture detailing the inner mesh tent body. The door spans a little less than half the length of the side of the tent.
"Trail weight" refers to the weight of the tent poles, inner tent and tent fly. It does not include stuff sacks, guy lines, or stakes, which can make it somewhat deceptive as many of these parts are essential in setting up the tent. However, it does provide a good baseline for those looking to upgrade to lighter stake, stuffsack or guyline options.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products