Edelrid - Swift DRY 8.9mm (Fall 2015)
Attention: This rope is not suitable for working routes or toproping, and requires extra care when belaying. It should not be used by beginning belayers.
bluesign® Certified: This designation ensures that the final textile product meets very stringent consumer safety requirements worldwide, and also provides confidence that you are acquiring a sustainable product produced without harmful substances.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||6 lbs. 14 oz. (60 meter) 8 lbs. 1 oz. (70 meter)|
|Rope Diameter||8 - 8.9 mm|
|Rope Type||Single / Twin / Half|
|Grams / Meter||52|
|UIAA Fall Rating||Single 5, Half 22, Twin 22|
|Impact Force (kN)||Single 8.8, Half 6.7, Twin 10.4|
|Dynamic Elongation||Single 31%, Half 28%, Twin 26%|
|Static Elongation||Single 9%, Half 8.6%, Twin 5.3%|
|Other Features||- Not suitable for working routes, toproping, or beginning belayers
- Rope Type: Half/Twin/Single
- Minimal weight and diameter, excellent handling
- Pro Shield Finish for optimal performance: increases a rope's ability to withstand external forces (falls). During the finishing process every single core and sheath yarn is covered with a Teflon coating. The microscopic Teflon particles are bonded to each individual fiber, giving the rope a protective coating that substantially improves its loading characteristics. In addition, the Pro Shield finish also provides increased dirt and water resistance
- Dry Shield Finish for outstanding dirt and water resistance in both sheath and core. This finish provides a long-lasting hydrophobic coating and is resistant to washing out. It protects the yarns from dirt and water. Together with the Thermo Shield treatment, Dry Shield ensures optimal handling, abrasion resistance and a long functional lifespan.
- Thermo Shield Finish for perfect handling: the standard treatment applied to all Edelrid's ropes, which gives them their famous Edelrid handling characteristics and feel. This thermal-stabilizing process ensures that the core and sheath yarns are perfectly balanced and will not stretch differentially over time. A special heat treatment cure first relaxes then shrinks the rope's fibers. This harmonizes the yarns inside the rope and ensures that it remains compact and supple throughout its life.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products