Smith - Wayward
Technical specifications & features
|Gender||Men's & Unisex|
|Other Features||• Medium Fit / Coverage
• ChromaPop Polarized Lenses
• Evolve Frame Material
• Anti-Reflective and Hydroleophobic Lens Coatings
• Hydrophilic Megol Nose & Temple Pads
• Out-Of-Sight Spring Hinges
• 6 Base Lens Curvature
Chromapop™ Polarized Lenses
The most visually stimulating lens in the world. A proprietary combination of patented polarization and color management technology creates incredible clarity. ChromaPop lenses maximize color and contrast by improving the speed of visual processing so you see truer color, faster.
Chromapop™ Scientifically-Advanced Lens Material
• ChromaPop lenses employ a unique combination of patented polarization, and color management technologies. The result is a lens that delivers exceptional clarity, high contrast, and dynamic color optimization.
• This advanced material can accept the sophisticated dyes and tints needed to create our proprietary visual experience. Meaning ChromaPop delivers high contrast, select color filtering and color enhancement better than other lens materials commonly used in sunglass and prescription sunglass lenses. Known throughout the industry for ophthalmic grade optics and superior performance, Trivex® is the material that powers the ChromaPop lenses.
• This gives ChromaPop lenses a visual acuity approaching glass, with benefits that surpass other materials.
1. Frontside Hydroleophobic Coating
2. Multi-layer Mirror Coating
3. Anti-scratch Protection
4. Techlite Glass or Carbonic Material
5. Smith Polarized File
6. Techlite Glass or Carbonic Material
7. Anti-Scratch Protection
8. Multi-layer Anti-reflective Coating
9. Backside Hydroleophobic Coating
Smith Optics uses the best lens materials in the world - Techlite Glass for optical precision and Carbonic for impact resistance. Smith Optics precisely alights the finest polarized filters and finish their lenses with multi-layer mirror, Anti-Reflective, anti-scratch, and Hydroleophobic lens coatings. The end result is an artfully crafted lens that preserves color perception and delivers optimized optical clarity and precision in all environments.
Placed at the nose and on the temple tips, Megol gently grips your skin to help keep the frame in place. The gripping power increases when introduced to moisture. HYDROLEOPHOBIC COATING
Repels moisture, grease, and grime. A barrier between your lenses and the world. Water will bead up and disperse without streaking. Smudges from fingerprints are wiped clean easily.
Vacuum applied Anti-Reflective (A/R) coatings on the back side of the lens will eliminate bothersome sidelight reflections.
The base curve is the radius of the sphere measured from the back of the lens. Smith features styles with 6,8, and 9 base lens curvature. Models that include 6 base tend to be more flat relative to your face. While 9 base styles provide the maximum amount of wrap around your face.
A 33-step handcrafted process that features the inclusion of wire-core temples for a customized fit. A huge variety of rich color combinations that possess depth and have a distinct character are made possible with this material.
Stainless steel optical hinges incorporate small springs within the hinge structure that keep the temples snug against your head. This type of hinge is designed to smoothly self adjust in order to accommodate a broader range of head shapes and sizes more comfortably.
Polarized Lenses with Photochromic Technology to Adapt to Ever-Changing Light Conditions
With Smith Polarchromic, they have combined the glare-free benefits of advanced polarization with UV sensitive, self-tint-adjusting photochromic technology to bring you the most advanced sunglass lenses they have ever created. Precise amounts of silver halide crystals are infused into the glass lens material during their creation. These microscopic crystals automatically change orientation in response to UV light which results in a shift in tint either increasing or decreasing Visible Light Transmission (VLT), fine tuning the tint of your lens in response to ambient light conditions as they change throughout the day. The result? You get a lens which offers crisp optics and soothing light levels at all hours, allowing you to focus on what matters most from dawn to dusk.
Questions & Answers
Related Blog Posts
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products