Smith - Hudson Tactical (Spring 2015)
Technical specifications & features
|Other Features||• Megol Nose Pads
• Small Fit / Small Coverage
• Proprietary high impact lenses material meets ANSI Z87.1 standard for optics and MIL-PRF-31013 standard for impact
• Frames constructed of lightweight, impact resistant materials
• Tapered Lens Technology corrects distortion
• Lenses provide 100% protection from harmful UVA/UVB/UVC rays
• 8 Base Lens Curvature
• Frame Measurements 59-19-12
1. Frontside Hydroleophobic Coating
2. Multi-layer Mirror Coating
3. Anti-scratch Protection
4. Techlite Glass or Carbonic Material
5. Smith Polarized File
6. Techlite Glass or Carbonic Material
7. Anti-Scratch Protection
8. Multi-layer Anti-reflective Coating
9. Backside Hydroleophobic Coating
Smith Optics uses the best lens materials in the world - Techlite Glass for optical precision and Carbonic for impact resistance. Smith Optics precisely alights the finest polarized filters and finish their lenses with multi-layer mirror, Anti-Reflective, anti-scratch, and Hydroleophobic lens coatings. The end result is an artfully crafted lens that preserves color perception and delivers optimized optical clarity and precision in all environments.
Precision polarization engineered to obliterate glare
It's like noise-canceling headphones for your eyes. Glare off of horizontal surfaces like snow, water, and asphalt, decreases depth perception, and reduces visual acuity which causes eye fatigue. We precisely align the polarized visual layer inside our lenses to filter out 99.9% of this "visual static" for a finely tuned view of the action.
Placed at the nose and on the temple tips, Megol gently grips your skin to help keep the frame in place. The gripping power increases when introduced to moisture. HYDROLEOPHOBIC COATING
Repels moisture, grease, and grime. A barrier between your lenses and the world. Water will bead up and disperse without streaking. Smudges from fingerprints are wiped clean easily.
Vacuum applied Anti-Reflective (A/R) coatings on the back side of the lens will eliminate bothersome sidelight reflections.
The base curve is the radius of the sphere measured from the back of the lens. Smith features styles with 6,8, and 9 base lens curvature. Models that include 6 base tend to be more flat relative to your face. While 9 base styles provide the maximum amount of wrap around your face.
A 33-step handcrafted process that features the inclusion of wire-core temples for a customized fit. A huge variety of rich color combinations that possess depth and have a distinct character are made possible with this material.
Stainless steel optical hinges incorporate small springs within the hinge structure that keep the temples snug against your head. This type of hinge is designed to smoothly self adjust in order to accommodate a broader range of head shapes and sizes more comfortably.
Ultra lightweight with an immaculate fit. Classic silhouettes constructed with premium stainless steel or sculpted alloy metal frames. Adjustable silicone or optical nose pads provide all day comfort.
Resilient, tough, and flexible. Grilamid® TR90 is an exceedingly light and durable plastic that will maintain its shape under all temperature conditions.
• For nearly 50 years Smith has been a steward of the outdoors. The Smith customer is a socially conscious hard charger. Great days in the water, dirt, and snow are made better when Smith is mindful to protect the environment they recreate in.
• Smith incorporates the revolutionary, Rilsan® Clear material into what has become the largest eco-friendly sunglass collection in the world. This material allows them to create lightweight, durable frames, that are over 53% bio-based.
• Rilsan® Clear is derived from the renewable, non-genetically modified castor plant. Characteristics of this material include flexibility, lightweight, high elasticity, remarkable toughness, and excellent chemical resistance. Most importantly, this material is not petroleum based.
• Why is 53% bio-based important? Through extensive testing and field trials, Smith has found the correct balance of materials required to sustain performance and durability, while reducing their environmental impact.
• Smith's brand heritage was forged with a passion for the outdoors. This responsibility continues to drive them today. Smith recognizes their obligation to be considerate to the environments they revere. With an unwavering commitment to further develop, they explore the use of sustainable manufacturing materials into the Smith product of today, and into the future.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products